Here’s a solution to help you How To Connect Nintendo Switch To Laptop With HDMI Cable?
It is possible because the Nintendo Switch system does not have an onboard GPU, unlike game consoles like Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
This makes it very easy for you to use a USB Capture Card.
If you are looking for an easy way to display what is being played on your Switch, a USB capture card will help you do that too.
All that is required from the Switch side is an HDMI port, so do not worry about any compatibility issues.
How To Connect Nintendo Switch To Laptop With HDMI Cable?
- First, you can install the capture card software on your laptop.
- The software will help you find out which port the Switch is connected to and configure it properly.
- Many capture cards are available in the market with different features like recording while playing a game, voice-over IP, support for extra audio and video settings, support for extra USB ports, etc.
- It depends entirely upon your requirements and needs and what type of capture card to buy.
- The Best capture card right now in the market is from Elgato.
How to connect a Nintendo switch to a laptop with an HDMI cable?
- The next step is connecting both systems using either a standard HDMI cable or a USB cable, depending on your system requirements.
- The Switch does not have a DVR or internal storage, which means you will have to use a capture card to record the gameplay.
- The last step is setting up your software and choosing the desired settings.
- Good software will help you identify how your laptop is talking to the Switch, the frame rates it is receiving, and how much lag there is while playing a game.
- You can also check if it supports voice-over IP features as well.
- Also, check if your capture card supports free play while recording.
- This feature will help you check if you can play the full game screen while recording or not.
I hope this guide helped you in figuring out how to connect a Nintendo switch to a laptop with HDMI.