If you are looking for a quick way to find your product key on your HP laptop, this blog post will provide some easy steps to help you out.
The product key is a 25-character code that is used to activate Windows.
It will look something like this: 5VGTB-YBFH8-WQGGJ-YBJD8
When you purchase a new laptop, the product key is generally included in the box.
If you have lost your product key, or if it is not included in the box, there are a few ways to find it.
Where To Find Product Key On HP Laptop
- The most common way to find a product key is by looking on the bottom of the laptop.
- The key should be printed on a sticker attached to the bottom of the device.
How To Find Product Key On HP Laptop Windows 10/8
- Another way to find the product key is by checking your laptop’s settings.
- To do this, open the Control Panel and click on System and Security.
- Select System and then look for the Product Key label.
How To Find My Windows 7 Product Key On HP Laptop
- Open Command Prompt by pressing Win + R and type cmd.exe in the Run dialog box.
- In the command prompt, type wmic product get name and hit Enter.
- This will show you a list of your installed Windows, Office, and other applications.
- To find your product key for a specific software, you can run wmic csproduct get name at the Command Prompt.
- Replace cs with the respective value of your product.
- For example: wmic csproduct where “name like ‘office 12%'” get name
- Your product key will be listed next to the product name.
How To Find Microsoft Office Product Key On HP Laptop
- Open up Powershell by pressing Win + X and selecting Powershell (Admin).
- In the Powershell window, type in get-wmiobject win32_product -filter “name=’Microsoft Office'” | format-list and hit Enter.
- This will list all of the Microsoft Office products installed on your computer and their product keys.
- To find the product key for a specific software, type in get-wmiobject win32_product -filter “name=’Microsoft Word'” | format-list
It is important to keep your product key in a safe place, as you will need it if you ever have to reinstall your laptop’s operating system.
If you’re still having trouble finding your product key, contact HP for help.
They might be able to send you a new product key or help you retrieve your old one.